One of the best Scalloped Potato Recipes
- In a small sauce pan, melt butter and blend in flour.
- Let sit for a minute.
- Add all of cold milk, stirring with a whisk.
- Season with salt and cayenne.
- Cook sauce on low until smooth and boiling, stirring occasionally with a whisk.
- Reduce heat and stir in cheese.
- Place a half of the sliced potatoes in a lightly greased one quart casserole dish.
- Pour half of cheese sauce over potatoes.
- Repeat with second layer of potatoes and cheese sauce.
- Sprinkle the remaining cheese on top.
- Top with some paprika for color.
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 288.2
- Calories from Fat 150
- Total Fat 16.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 49.6 mg
- Sodium 682.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 11.0 g
- 4 cups thinly sliced potatoes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash cayenne pepper
- 1 cup grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup grated cheese, to sprinkle on top