Chicken Gnocchi Soup
Copy of Olive Garden's Chicken Gnocchi Soup
- In a med to large pot saute the onion, celery, and garlic in the butter and olive oil over medium heat until the onion becomes translucent.
- Sprinkle in the flour into the pot to make a roux. Let the butter and flour mixture cook for about a 2-3 minutes
- Add the half and half slowly while whisking constantly. Add in the carrots, seasoning and chicken.
- While the cream mixture is coming up to a simmer, cook gnocchi according to package directions.
- Once the mixture becomes thick, add the chicken broth.
- Once the mixture thickens again, add the cooked gnocchi, and spinach; simmer until soup is heated through.
- Before serving season to taste by adding additional salt.
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin oil
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups half and half
- ½ cup celery, finely diced
- 1 cup onion, finely diced
- 2 minced garlic cloves
- 2 14 ounce cans of chicken broth if you enjoy thick soup, use one can
- 1 cup carrots, finely shredded
- 2 cup chicken breasts, cooked and diced
- 1 lb (16oz) package gnocchi, cooked (you can find these in gourmet/pasta section of the grocery store
- 1 cup of fresh spinach coarsely chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ½ teaspoon parsley
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg