1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Place hazelnuts on a baking sheet. Bake at
350°F for 20 minutes, stirring once halfway
through cooking. Turn nuts out onto a towel.
Roll up towel; rub off skins. Coarsely chop
nuts. Combine nuts, cherries, and ginger in a
3. Place chocolate in a microwave-safe measuring
cup. Microwave at HIGH 1 minute or until
chocolate melts, stirring every 15 seconds.
Add to nut mixture, stirring just until
combined. Spread mixture evenly on a jelly-roll
pan lined with foil; freeze 1 hour. Break into
pieces; serve immediately.
If you don’t have a jelly-roll pan, line a baking
sheet with foil and curl the edges up to catch
any wandering chocolate. You can also sub in
any baking pan making sure not to pour the
bark too thick!
• 3/4 cup hazelnuts (about 4 ounces)
• 1/3 cup dried cherries, coarsely chopped
• 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized
• 6 ounces bittersweet chocolate, chopped
(certified gluten-free if necessary)