Place pumpkin seeds and only 2 C. of the oats in a blender, or food processor, and pulse until just broken up (You don’t want it to turn into flour!).
2. Pour mixture into a large mixing bowl.
3. Add remaining 1 C. oats, flaxseed meal, and toasted sesame seeds, fruit, cinnamon, and chocolate chips, to bowl, and mix with spoon.
4. In a small saucepan, add fig butter, honey, and coconut oil. Heat on low, and stir until all ingredients are melted together. Remove from heat.
5. Carefully pour liquid mixture into the dry mixture.
6. Stir, stir, stir until the ooy-gooey covers everything.
7. Line baking dish with a large piece of wax paper (or parchment paper if you want to bake).
8. Pour ingredients into dish, and flatten as well as possible with a spatula.
9. Fold wax paper over the top, and keep pushing the ingredients down. When you think you’ve pounded the ingredients down into the pan enough, press those puppies a few more times to get it all nice and dense.
10. Refrigerate for around 3 hours, then remove to cut, and individually wrap as you wish!
OPTIONAL: Bake for 15-20 minutes at 325 degrees for a more toasted flavor. Refrigerate before cutting.
3 C. Old Fashion Oats
1 C. Raw Pumpkin Seeds
1 C. Flaxseed Meal
1 C. Coconut Oil
1/3 C. Fig Butter
1/3 C. Honey (or agave nectar)
1/2 C. Chocolate Chips
1/2 C. Dried Fruit (Organic berry mix goes well)
1 Tbsp. Toasted Sesame Seeds
1/2 Tsp. Cinnamon
Optional: nuts, sunflower/peanut/almond butter, chia seeds, and whatever else your little heart desires <3