1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Heat a medium skillet over medium heat. Add
1/3 cup panko to pan, and cook for 2 minutes
or until toasted, stirring frequently. Remove
from heat, and place the panko in a shallow
3. Cut mozzarella sticks into 1-inch pieces.
Working with one piece at a time, dip cheese
in egg substitute; dredge in panko. Place
cheese on a baking sheet coated with cooking
spray. Bake at 425°F for 3 minutes or until the
cheese is softened and thoroughly heated.
4. Pour the marinara sauce into a microwave-safe
bowl. Microwave at HIGH 1 minute or until
thoroughly heated, stirring after 30 seconds.
Serve with mozzarella pieces.
• 1/3 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
• 3 (1-ounce) sticks part-skim mozzarella string
• 3 tablespoons egg substitute
• Cooking spray
• 1/4 cup lower-sodium marinara sauce (such as